Random Musings
Friday, February 20, 2004
 
All Headline News - Friend Wavers at Martha Stewart Trial: "NEW YORK - A close friend of Martha Stewart who told a damaging story about the homemaking expert wavered slightly in her testimony Friday as the government neared the end of its case.

On Thursday, Mariana Pasternak testified Stewart told her shortly after selling her ImClone Systems stock that she had known ImClone founder Sam Waksal was trying to dump his shares. Pasternak also testified that Stewart told her in a separate conversation: 'Isn't it nice to have brokers who tell you those things?'

But under cross-examination Friday from Stewart's lawyer, Pasternak conceded about that remark: 'I do not know if that statement was made by Martha or if that was just a thought in my mind.'"


Wavered slightly? "I don't know if she said it or if I imagined it." I'm no lawyer but that doesn't seem like especially strong testimony to me.

-B-

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Technorati Profile