Random Musings
Wednesday, February 25, 2004
 
The Creatures From the Sandwich Shop - Behind the singing rodents in the Quiznos ad. By Seth´┐ŻStevensonThe spot: A small, furry creature, wearing a bowler hat, levitates as he sings an ode to Quiznos subs. Nearby, another flying creature wears an 18th century seafaring hat, and strums on an acoustic guitar. Song lyrics: "We love the subs! 'Cuz they are good to us. The Quiznos subs. They are tasty, they are crunchy, they are warm because they toast them. They got a pepper bar!"

Sorry, the first time I saw that ad I thought it was awful. After further consideration I've concluded that my first impression was right. I've eaten at Quiznos and I enjoy their subs, but these ads stink. The creatures aren't cute, they look too much like mutant rats (and not in a good way), the song isn't compelling and frankly looking at them spoils my appetite.

When you're a sandwich shop you want your ads to make people hungry for your food. Not make them cringe and decide to skip lunch.

-B-

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Technorati Profile