Random Musings
Friday, February 27, 2004
 
Incremental Blogger: Continuing the conversation about gesture-based editing: "I can imagine a day in which students draft a piece on their tablet pcs using a stylus, easily revise and edit, possibly with 'gesture based editing,' and develop their ideas further by seamlessly adding diagrams, labels, illustrations--even pictures they've annotated, all with the use of a pen/stylus--just like paper and pencil!'"

I don't want to dampen his enthusiasm, especially since good technology tools for education are sorely needed, but I fear that too many students would use the technology to create increasingly elaborate sketches of dragons on skateboards.

Yes, I know, I'm sometimes a cynic.

Sometimes.

-B-

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Technorati Profile