Random Musings
Monday, March 08, 2004
 
Yahoo! News - Supreme Court Won't Revisit Boy Scouts' Ban on Gays: "WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court (news - web sites) allowed Connecticut on Monday to remove the Boy Scouts from a list of charities that receive contributions from state workers because the group excludes gays. "

As an Eagle Scout myself I guess I should weigh in on this matter. So here it is:

1. I support the right of Conn. to remove the Boy Scouts from a list of charities that receive contributions because they discriminate against homosexuals.

2. I support the right of the Boy Scouts, as a private organization, to exclude homosexuals.

3. I don't believe the Boy Scouts should exclude homosexuals.

"The group, which also does not accept atheists or agnostics, says it has the right to decide who can join."

And yet this agnostic is an Eagle Scout. Go figure. Maybe heterosexual agnostics are o.k., it's just the gay ones they turn away.

-B-

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Technorati Profile